- Chandigadh–Dr. Jernail Singh Anand is an Honorary Member of the Association of Serbian Writers. He is Prof Emeritus in Indian Literature at The European Institute of the Roma Studies and Research Belgrade. Dr Anand has authored more than 150 books in English poetry, fiction, non-fiction, spirituality and philosophy. He is credited with the theory of Biotext in critical theory. His work has been translated into more than twenty world languages. Author of 9 epics which are regarded as modern classics, Anand has organized 4 International Literary Conferences, latest of them, in Chandigarh. He was conferred Franz Kafka Laureateship 2022 and International Aco Karamanov Poetry Award 2022 (Mecedonia).
- THE GENDER IMBALANCE
- Jernail S Aanand
- If you go to anywhere,
- You find men and men
- And few women
- Are they really small in number ?
- No, they are forced within
- The four walls.
- Now ‘thankfully’,
- Homes have lost two walls
- And roof too is cracked
- And we can see the eternal prisoners
- Enjoying sunbath and fresh air
- On the outskirts of the darker times
- Men supply the shortages
- Of female colleagues
- With a powerful dose
- Of imagination.
- Which mind is free
- From feminine fantasies?
- If both the sexes had got E
- qual opportunities,
- Civilization would have
- Fared (faired) better,
- Than limping on one leg
- The other tied with apron-strings.
- They are neither weakerNor dependent on men,
- Having endured untold suffering
- They have proved their steadfastness
- It is time to decide new mores
- So that the balance is restored.
- Forget it only at you perilFor every boy, a girl is born
- Somewhere in the world
- No human crook can belie
- Gods’ sense of balance
- Which we men both deny and defy.
- It is a unique intuition of the poet that gods make no distinction and one male for one female is born in the world. Still women are always at the receiving end. This poem is a bold feminist poem by Dr. Jernail Singh Anand, the great world poet regarded as the greatest poet of modern times.Poetess and Author Dr Maja Herman Sekulic from Serbia said about him: “greatest poet among philosophers and greatest philosopher among poets”.
Welcome! Log into your account
Recover your password
A password will be e-mailed to you.
The Gender Imbalance: A Thought-provoking Poem by Dr Jernail Singh Anand*
- Advertisment -